AP PHOTOS: Argentine elderly make do during virus isolation

Problems about running the game, purchasing...
limited

AP PHOTOS: Argentine elderly make do during virus isolation

Post by limited » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:23 am

For many at the Reminiscencias home for the elderly, the pandemic has been 15 months of isolation from those they love - of children kept at a distance, of human touch always at least a layer of plastic away.

Eighty-six year-old Víctor Tripiana peered at his son Jorge through a transparent sheet hung across a window and reached out to make contact through the plastic. His daughter in law, too, stretched a hand for comfort.

“This pandemic has hit us bad,” he said, his eyes moist. "You know what's happening? It's like I'm in the air and I don't know what I'm doing. "

Nurses and ติดต่อ slotxo attendants offer comfort: help with a cup, a gentle forehead bump, even the occasional brush of a kiss, mediated by a mask.

But a few, at least, have heir own consolation. Catalina Pisicelli, 93, and Fermín Urban, 92, seem to have found love in the time of pandemic, someone with whom to snuggle.

“What I'm going to say is a sin ... but for us, the pandemic doesn't exist; we live on the moon, ”Pisicelli said.

Urban said he's still thinking ahead, telling Pisicelli that when they can leave once more, he wants to take her to Lanus, the city where he was born.

Much of the routine at the assisted living center, some 250 miles (400 kilometers) from the capital, is as before. The more than 50 residents still have their dance and exercise classes and singalongs, share a toast of champagne at holidays such as Easter.