Kansas City Royals Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store

Discuss anything off topic and not related directly to Dangerous Rays
BessLineberger

Kansas City Royals Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store

Post by BessLineberger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:10 am

The Dodgers began their 1947 spring training in Havana with one big question mark and a smaller one. If the answer to the first was, Yes, Robinson was ready for the majors, then the next question was, Where do we put him? He had played shortstop for the Monarchs and second base for the Royals, but the Dodgers already had Pee Wee Reese and Eddie Stanky at those positions. "I was told I must learn to play first base," he wrote. "This disturbed me because I felt it might mean a delay in reaching the majors."

"There is meaning and history there," said Gasol, who won titles with the Lakers alongside Kobe Bryant in 2009 and 2010. "I'm not going to lie. It would be very special, and now that my brother [Marc] is there, even more special. But I'm not in a position now to be very demanding. I don't have 10 offers on the table."Kansas City Royals Face Masks

NEW YORK (AP) - Major League Baseball is cracking down on coronavirus safety protocols, mandating that players and staff wear face coverings at all times, including in the dugouts and bullpens, except for players on the field of play.

When the Pirates fired Bobby Bragan as the skipper after 103 games in 1957, Clyde was offered the job. Once again, he turned down a chance to become a major league manager. "I don't ask for a great deal out of life," he once told Les Biederman of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "but I do want contentment. I could never find it as a manager. I have a happy home life, own a farm in Waldoboro, and among the things I grow are Christmas trees."Atlanta Braves Face Masks

Meaning: Just because the calendar now says Masters Week will be Nov. 9-15 doesn’t mean that’s what will happen. Apologies for repeating myself, but we’re all dealing in unknowns, the greatest being: When will it be safe again?

As wistful as our weekend without a Final Four just was, imagine if the tournament had started with fans in the stands from coast to coast. Imagine if the NBA kept playing another week. Imagine how much worse the numbers would be today.

Back to our question: When will it be safe again? The answer needs to be known in workplaces and stores and churches before we get around to worrying about sports. Sports, by definition, are non-essential. Maybe in another month or two, it will be safe to gather in numbers greater than 10 at distances nearer than six feet. Maybe.Pittsburgh Pirates Face Masks

Durocher was supposed to be the manager. He had quelled a player revolt over Robinson in spring training and had Rickey's full confidence. But he also had a messy personal life that offended some righteous and powerful people who prevailed upon commissioner Happy Chandler to do something. Which he did, suspending Durocher for a year -- on April 9. When the commissioner gave the news to Rickey, the general manager responded by shouting, "You son of a bitch!" Rickey, who never swore, said it again.Los Angeles Angels Face Masks